Friday, July 23, 2010

Love didn't tear us apart



Today rather than slag off those  I disdain,  I thought it might be nice to do somethining different...

James O’Donnell

James O’Donnell. Perhaps the best mate I ever had and a shocking omission from the first list, but I hope Jim is in no doubt about my regard for him. He has rescued me from so much shit over the years. Driving from Glasgow to Leeds, Birmingham to Blackpool, picking me up when everything I owned was in a garden in Bourneville. Possibly the nicest bloke in the world. Ladies take note. He has a few bob. I want to be his best man though, which may put you off. Most diamondish of geezers and now motoring correspondent for Gafencu. A small payback for all he’s done for me over the years. If I come back to the UK and fail to catch up with Jim then it’s an unsatisfactory trip.

Al Sim

What can you say about Al? One of the most charismatic and intelligent blokes I know. His departure from the industry is a huge loss. It is a tragedy that his life has come to be defined by one untypical night and I have nothing but scorn for the blokes who have revelled in his problems. Without Al you would have nothing to revel in. My contempt for your self-serving opportunism knows no bounds.

Paula Kelsey


Over the years, Ms K and I have had our differences and in terms of madness she is in the box of frogness capacity. She has turned Fresh into a credible awards event and not compromised on the quality of judges. And she once shagged a boy band, but I promised not to mention that and we did get an invoice.

Michael Taylor

Editor etc of Insider, I can’t help but admire his integrity. Never ever been compromised. He is the reason that Insider has risen above the competition and that Insider remains the Holy Grail for business approbation in the NW.

Chris Lloyd

I have never met Chris and not enjoyed his company. He is not going through the best time in his life and I hope to convince him that one day he will be back to what he was. He takes a lot of convincing.

Sandy Lindsay and Nina Wheeler

The queens of Manc PR, both very different, but God have they done well. They have rewritten the PR landscape in the NW, both very astutely calling on the services of Il Duce, without whom nothing in the NW PR world ever seems to succeed.

Martin Carr


Mr C and I go way back and we have ridden out so many bad and good times together. Anybody who ever tells a Jewish joke has never met Martin – one of the most generous and genuine blokes ever. He has picked me up from the gutter and not been (obviously) judgemental. There’s not many like that.

Younis Khan



Younis I miss you mate. Get in touch. During an awful period in my life when I once read the news on Asian Sound Radio (don’t ask) Younis was a beacon of decentness. If you’re having a fit of anti-Muslimness then spend a bit of time with Younis.

Gordon Young

Despite my many postings to the contrary, I would still have a beer with GY. He is surrounded (and married to) scum, but he was basically a decent guy. Not the sharpest by any means, but I wonder these days about how happy he is about the complete lack of integrity or validation his sorry little would-be empire has. A guy that was out of his depth and has been swamped by cunts. We could have achieved so much more.

My Missus

The only reason I am typing this and not dead in a ditch

1 comment:

  1. ha ha, finally I can check out your blog!!! Nice one, Tony!!!Ann

    ReplyDelete